Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Going Batty

A little over a week ago we were doing our weekly yard work by mowing the lawn and edging. It is my job to do the edging around the yard and fences. When I was almost done and edging along a fence by the front gate I saw something furry and I thought I had gotten it with the weedeater. The problem was I didn't know what it was and I couldn't see under the other side of the fence since there was grass growing up against the fence. After many times of trying to find it from the other side I asked Chris if he would stand where the fur was and I would go pull the grass back on the other side. As I pulled the grass back a bat wing popped out of the side of the fence that Chris was standing on. Thinking that I might have hurt it with the weedeater I called Animals In Distress and left a message. Before they could get back to me I went back outside with a flashlight since it was getting dark and found out that it was gone. The next day when talking to our neighbor boy he said that just as it got dark he and his friends saw it fly off. This is just the experience to have right before Halloween. With that thought just remember that Halloween is just around the corner and who has the best dressed yard around. Maybe by then I will be able to post some pictures.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Spooky story! I can't believe you saw a bat in person. The only bats I've ever seen have been at the zoo behind glass!