Saturday, October 4, 2008

After much encouragement and embarrassment from my daughter I am finally posting something to my blog. It is very hard for me to start something creative, but once I get going I do fine. I also have a hard time to begin with something computer wise, but again once I get used to it I am fine until they make a change and then it throws me off of my stride. I hope to be able to entertain those who look at this blog since I feel like my life if very average. Chris and I moved to Boise almost 3 years ago and boy has the time flown. It just seems like yesterday that my kids were small. Now Nick is married to Johanna and has four kids. Cathryn is 8, Maryssa is 7, Myranda is 6, and Niko (Nicholas Clarke Seaman II) is going to be 4 next week. They live in Elk Grove, Ca. It is right next to Sacramento. Erin is married to Steve and has two kids. Kurtis is 4, Kylee is 2 1/2, and the next one is due March 31. They live in Rigby Id out in the country with the horses around them and an occasional goat invading their yard. Tim isn't married yet, but there is still hope since he is here in Boise and mom is about ready to set him up on some blind dates. Chris works from home and is home all day and I do alot of running around all day to find things to put on my eBay website. Right now I am into buying and selling Stampin Up stamp sets. We work at the temple on Wednesday nights and enjoy the time that we get to spend there. It was also fun to watch conference today while there were thunderstorms going on outside the whole time. Hopefully I can learn how to post pictures once I find some and then this blog will be alot more entertaining. Well now it's off to Deseret Book for ladies night to get my free door prize and plenty of standing around hoping to win one of the prizes they have for their drawing. Thanks Erin for getting me started on this. I just hope you haven't created a monster.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Mom, I love it!!! I'm so excited to have the best blogging buddy in the whole world! I love you so much. Keep up the good work, and if you need any 'technical support' just call me! :)

Grandma Smith said...

Thanks to Erin and my other children I have really learned to love blogging. Reading mostly, I am pretty lazy about posting myself. I'm excited to read your blog and keep up on what you are doing.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you to begin the "blogging journey":) I'll definitely be checking in occasionally to see what is going on with you! When are you coming back to visit? We need to have a girl day and go to lunch or something...Steve or Chris can babysit!

Becky said...

Should I admit I recognize the name, but can't picture a face? Welcome to the blogging world Val. It's a great way to keep in touch with far-flung children!